Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dance Time!

My husband and I have been going to a fitness gym for about 1 month now. Yep, We're working out. We have to in order to retain my youthfulness (or whatever's left of it...) and to stay fit -- one of our goals for this year. :)

By monday next week, I'll have my 3rd orientation, where one of the trainers will design my own personal fitness program but so far, I've been attending gym classes. I've attended Streetdancing, Body Sculpt, Hatha Yoga, Belly Dancing, Precision Cycling and Capoeira. Of all of these, Streetdancinng, Hatha Yoga and Precision Cycling are my personal favorite.

I don't know if I'm excited about my personal training program but I definitely enjoy the streetdancing class (even if it's jam-packed with people everytime). It's fun and I love dancing!

Dancing is a joy me and my family share. In fact, even my son has catched the interest and the talent (but my son thinks that his Dad is the dance guru because he always sees his Dad dance in our bedroom... well, he has yet to discover the what real-dancing moves mean... hehehe). After the classes, I teach my younger sister the steps I learn and we dance it together.

My son would usually see me teaching my sister the dance moves. I would demo the steps in 8 counts ... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and my sister would follow. Soon, my son would try to dance himself or count with us, saying, "5, 6, 7, 8..." Charming, isn't it.

It seems that my solo was getting accustomed to the thought that his Mommy also dances! Now, whenever we ask him to dance, he will usually point us to the sala, where my sister and I usually have our mini dance classes. If we won't go to the sala with him, he would pull us by the hand and bring us to the sala and say, "Dance!" and "Watch!," which translates to: "Mommy and Daddy dance while I will watch."

In the sala, he would sit on his rounded rattan floor pillow, put his arms on the center table and wait for us to showcase our groove in sets of 8 counts. Hahaha! Yes, we have to admit that he's starting to become a charming little manipulative boy in a disarming way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice posting. Do you know about these hatha yoga books?

http://www.YogaVidya.com/hyp.html

tin-tin said...

di ko maimagine si kuya marvin magsayaw. hehehe ;p