Sunday, July 08, 2007

When God Blessed Jacob

“I, the LORD, am the God of your forefather Abrahamand the God of Isaac;the land on which you are lyingI will give to you and your descendants.These shall be as plentiful as the dust of the earth,and through them you shall spread out east and west, north and south.In you and your descendantsall the nations of the earth shall find blessing.Know that I am with you;I will protect you wherever you go,and bring you back to this land.I will never leave you until I have done what I promised you.”

This is part of today's 1st reading. It's God's promise to Jacob. I claim it as my own and receive God's blessing upon my life and upon my family.

Thank you, Lord for your love, faithfulness and promise to always be with us, protect us wherever we go, and never leave us until Your promises come to pass.

In my heart of hearts I know that we will receive your promise of abundance, security, service, peace, joy and love. Amen.

No comments: