Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's back

My breastmilk supply is gaining momentum. Yay! All it took was diligence. I dunno why I'm so undisciplined when it comes to scheduling my activities. I gotta be more organized.

Anyway, I realized this week that I need to give myself a pat on the back for breastfeeding exclusively for 7 months now (As a reward, I deserve more Magnolia Vanilla and Strawberry Ice Cream!!! Hahaha). How did I come to such realization???

Well, I bumped into some of my mommy friends, who got pregnant and gave birth the same time I did and when we would talk about breastfeeding, aba! ako na lang ang breastfeeding and doing it exclusively (without giving formula)! I found it a bit surprising. Didn't think that I was patient and perservering enough to be the "last one standing." Hehehe...

It's even funny how one of my officemates, who gave birth 2 months ago, uses me as her benchmark and breastfeeding "idol." She even feels pressured to match the amount of milk I pump and produce and thinks to her self that she can't match up.

To her consolation, she doesn't need to produce as much milk as I do because every baby's consumption is unique. Likewise, every breastfeeding Mom's supply depends on her baby's demand. In Filipino, kanya-kanya pacing lang yun.

... So after all my breastfeeding crisis panic mode, I'm doing well after all. Whew!

No comments: