Thursday, May 31, 2007

Prayer of Faith

"Jesus said to them in reply, “Have faith in God.Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’and does not doubt in his heartbut believes that what he says will happen,it shall be done for him.Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer,believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours."

Amen. I say to myself and to everyone that I will breastfeed Polo until he is at least 1 year old. I will not doubt in my heart but believe that what I say shall happen and be done by God for me.

Lord, I ask that you continue to provide sufficient breastmilk for Polo. I believe and know that it shall happen as I request. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Indeed, nursing has become a walk of faith for me. A week or so ago, I had back up stock of expressed milk in the freezer that was good enough for an extra day. But now, Polo has increased his consumption. Whatever I pump and save today will be the amount of milk he'll consume the next day. No more back up stock.

Breastfeeding has now become daily bread, literally.

I know that I'll have enough supply if I diligently express milk during the day. Often times, what hinders me from doing this are the numerous meetings I have to attend to during the day. But, I've decided not to worry. God will make a way. He has provided me 24 hrs a day. I just need to find time and make time and so I will.

No comments: