Monday, September 29, 2008

Google-ing my Name

An article in Reader's Digest said that once in a while, one should google his own name to see the information available to all about one's self... So, last night I googled my name and this is what I discovered -- namewiki:

The origin of my first name is Hebrew. It means God will add.

Here are the stats related to my Maiden Family Name:

It is the 10196th most common family name in the United States
It occurs 2902 times in the most recent US Census (2000)
1.08 out of every 100,000 people in the United States have it as a family name
77.39% are White
0% are Black
9.75% are Hispanic (any)
7.37% are Asian / Pacific Islander
0% are American Indian / Native American
2.69% are Two or More

Whoah! No wonder, we didn't know much of our kin. Most of them are white and are in the US. Hahaha! Hmm, why is my Dad's skin dark, then? Hahaha

Check out your family name in namewiki. Has it reached the US, yet?

3 comments:

Abaniko said...

Is this accurate? I couldn't believe my family name is the 16729th most common name in the US. It's predominantly Hispanic.

tin-tin said...

na-sunburn lang si tito. hahaha :)

Margaritajelly said...

abaniko - the site says that the info/stats are based on the US Census as of 2000/2001.

tin-tin - well hindi na-surprise si daddy when i said that we're predominantly white. he said that's because our family name originated from Egypt. Naks, egyptian ang lahi namin. hahaha!