Sunday, September 07, 2008

Mama Mary's Birthday

It's Mama Mary's Birthday today. I prayed to her this morning, asking her to bestow upon me the strength and goodness to be like her -- graceful, humble, sincere, and wise.

It's Mama Mary's Birthday today. The Gospel today details their family lineage. Can't help but think about our family's medical history and pray for the healing of all our generational illnesses.

It's Mama Mary's Birthday today. I'm reminded to be loving, sincere, considerate and caring.

It's Mama Mary's Birthday today. The people organizing the mass in the building near our office refused to let us in the theater to hear mass because the theater is full already. I hope my husband and I get to hear mass on time later. I'll have to file for undertime, though, but that's not a problem because it's Mama Mary's Birthday.

It's Mama Mary's Birthday today. I pray for her help and guidance as I discover motherhood. May she give me wisdom and patience.

It's Mama Mary's Birthday today. I pray for my Mom, my Mother-in-law, my sister (who's a mom, too) and all my friends and family who are moms. This entry is beginning to sound like a Mother's Day prayer. Wonder why Mother's Day and Mama Mary's Birthday didn't coincide in one day... I thank God for all of them. I pray for their children and their family. I pray for their health and well-being. May their spirits be filled with God's graces that sickness, confusion and chaos flee from their life.

It's Mama Mary's Birthday today. May all children love their mothers. May they learn deep respect and care for the ones who nursed them. May all orphaned children find comfort in the arms of Mama Mary. May all those seeking direction and love receive the warmth of Mama Mary's accepting arms.

It's Mama Mary's Birthday today. Let's all pause and pray. :)

No comments: