Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thirty, Flirty and Thriving!

That's the wish the 13-year old girl in the movie Thirteen Going Thirty made on her 13th birthday that magically turned her into a 30-year old lady the next day.

Thirty, Flirty & Thriving! - Yes, I'm thirty. I've been repeating this line in my head over and over again since July. Now, whenever I repeat it in my head, I'm no longer sad that my "youthful" 20s are over but I'm more excited about being a full-pledged adult! I no longer have time to waste. I must pursue my dreams, no longer make excuses for myself and jump into adventures that will define me.

Of course, I'm not flirty. I don't intend to put my beautiful marriage on the line here just because I'm in my 3rd decade. That's not the dream that I want to pursue or jump into without excuses, nor is that the adventure that will define. Rather, I will flirt with life itself. I will be more decisive in pursuing the bucket list I have in my head (which reminds me... I have to write it down one of these days). I have to be more daring in doing or trying things that I've set aside for a long time now like being involved in a good cause, getting back in shape, climbing a mountain, painting, etc!

Thriving. Yes, I'm thriving but more than that I want to soar! I want to stop focusing on my career and start soaring 360-degrees. I want to establish good and meaningful relationships with my husband, my son, my parents, my sisters, my in-laws, my girl-friends and my friends. I want to develop my other skills -- physical, artistic, mental, etc!

I have to admit that the reality of being 30 years old has changed me:
I’m more concerned about my skin. I now have a regular skin regimen for my face.
I'm also paying more attention to my hair. I iron it out every morning.
I'm more concerned about my body. I enrolled in a gym. Have to get back in shape.
I took up First Aid and Basic Life Support with CPR Trainings (thanks to the company I work for)
I’ve also established time with girl-friends and couple-friends
I also realized that it’s not worth it chasing shadows to push career. There are more important things in life than stressing over a certain desired designation.
I'm enriching my mind with Sudoku puzzles (that I grudgingly share with my husband) and with a Reader's Digest Asia subscription.
I'm extending my imagination by reading books. I just finished "Number the Stars", a thin paperback by Lois Lowry. I'm in the middle of "The First Wives Club" and "One Voice, Please" (a book my friend Macopa) lent me.

1 comment:

tin-tin said...

nag-iron ka ng hair pag morning? oh no! mas late ka na makakapasok nyan. hehe ;p