Sunday, September 07, 2008

My Personal Mid-Year Review

Reviewing my 2008 to do list:

1. 12 scrapbook layouts for the year (or at least one per month)

-I'm way behind... :( I must look for a new hobby...

2. 54 blog entries or one entry per month

-Have a lot of catching up to do... Nyark!

3. Tapusin na ang wedding album and wedding video (Hello!!!)

-Wedding album, check! Wedding video and Portrait picture to go...

4. Print and organize our pictures in a photo album (all of them are just digital files eating up Marvin's disk space!)

-No progress here, yet...

5. Update my resume and send it out

-Done. I'm not seriously looking. Just want to know my options.

6. Read the Bible Daily

-Ummm... Needs improvement.

7. Renew my driver's license

-Check! I'm now driving our automatic car. Yahoo! It feels great. I've been driving on my own for at least 3 trips now. 1) From Makati-Pque; sunday night; thru the rain (difficulty level - almost high); 2)From our house to SM - daytime (difficulty level - low); 3)Pque-Makati-Pque (difficulty level - medium).

For this, I'd like to thank my husband for his trust in my driving capabilities, for the space he is giving me to learn, and for the "connections" he established, such that we were able to simplify my driver's renewal process.

8. Renew my passport

-Check! Check! Check! I even had my last name updated in my passport. Good girl.

9. Get a passport for Polo

- Red Flag alert blinking!!!

10. Better and deeper relationships

- Improving... :) Need to be consistent in this area.

11. Become a manager by year-end

- Still wishing for it but am thinking if it's that important...

12. Transfer house or find one of our own

- (Dead air)... I am grateful for the house that we're currently living in. I love the house. The environment and security is ideal.

13. Hire a good and worthy househelp/yaya

- Yaya is doing good. She's is often more like heaven-sent. Still praying that she'll stay for long. I thank God for her everytime I remember her and how she takes care of my son and the famly.

14. Report for work on time (God, help me)

-Slowly but surely, I'll get there. Hehehe...

15. Be on time for everything (The Lord of time, help me)

-Same status as # 14

16. Lose weight - go back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 128lbs

- Well, my APE results say that I'm overweight for my height. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. I'm enrolling in the gym this month. I will start brisk-walking-semi-jogging activities with my friends.

17. Eat right, stay healthy

- Now more conscious of what I eat. Less junk food and sweets. Hope I keep this up. Keeping my fingers crossed.

18. Develop my cooking & baking skills -- cook/bake once a month

-Zero progress... My Tita gave me and my husband a campbell's cookbook as a gift on our birthday. I'll cook something from there soon. I'll write above it in the future, well, hopefully. Hehehe...

19. Go on dates with my Husband - once a month

-So far, so good... Keep it up!

20. Go on dates with Polo - once a month

-Dates with Polo are currently with my husband and I. When he grows up, we'll have mother-son bonding time.

21. Go on dates with my mom - once a quarter

-I owe my mom, 3 dates + 1 for Q4 of this year.

22. Go on dates with my parents - once a year

-I accompanied them to a Traditional Chinese Medical Doctor yesterday... We had some bonding time while waiting for China Doctor to arrive and we had lunch together in a nearby Chinese Cafeteria. I think that counts. Maybe, I can target more than 1 for this year.

23. Go on dates with my sisters - twice a year

-To be scheduled soon. Hope my Ate's hectic sched permits a sisterhood bonding achu... chu... chu... :)

3 comments:

tin-tin said...

yipee!! natapos na din ang wedding photos. hehehe.

hala! yung scrapbook na yan, before pa kayo kinasal kasama na sa goals mo yon ha.

at kaya pala ang dme mong comments sa blog ko, kse bumabalik ka na sa blogging. hehehe ;p
at touch ako kse kasama ako sa links mo :)

tin-tin said...

nagda-drive ka na? kelan kaya ako makakasakay? actually, miss ko na din ang sumabay sa inyo. question, bago sasakyan nyo?

report for work on time? don't tell me.. si kuya marvin na nahawa sayo? hehehe

Margaritajelly said...

Hey tin, in fairness, i already have scrapbook. Pakita ko pa sa'yo one of these days. I just don't get to update it as often as I want. Hello, dati ka pa nasa links ko. Hindi bago ang kotse. It's the same old Ezekiel (Honda City). Oy ha, my tardiness minutes and frequencies are within limit. Thanks to Marvin.